Templeton Secondary evacuated after chemistry lab spill
Templeton Secondary School was evacuated after a spill in the school's chemistry lab on Thursday.
A small amount of butyric acid — less than five millilitres — was spilled in the classroom and let off a pungent smell, said Elaine McKay, a spokeswoman for the Vancouver School Board.
The Vancouver Fire Department sent crews to the site to determine whether a hazardous materials team team was needed.
It found there was no danger or risk to the students' safety, McKay added.
School returned to normal later in the afternoon.
A clean-up of the school will be done tonight to get rid of the smell.