Pinnacle International held a pre-application open house for their 601 Beach Crescent site, adjacent the Granville Street Bridge and acquired from the City. The site is intended to form the other side of the ‘Gateway’ with Vancouver House on the West side of the Granville Bridge.
Preliminary details of the proposal include:
- A 52-storey tower;
- A total building height of 535 ft;
- 152 non-market housing units;
- Market residential units.
The site was identified for a taller tower as part of the City’s 2011 “Vancouver Views” policy which created an opportunity for two sites at the Granville Bridge Gateway. (The other being Vancouver House).
A rezoning application has been submitted for a 23,518 SF mid-block site on Oak Street, just South of West 70th Avenue. 8636-8656 Oak Street is currently improved with two older RM-3A zoned apartment buildings totaling 17 units.
The proposed rezoning for the two lots is for a new rental project with two 6-storey buildings which include:
- 91 market rental units;
- 29 studios, 29 one-bedrooms, 27 two-bedrooms & 6 three-bedrooms;
- a total density of 2.50 FSR;
- a building height of 60 ft.; and
- two levels of underground parking with 76 vehicle parking spaces and 115 bicycle spaces.
The application is being considered under the Marpole Community Plan.
The architect for the project is WT Leung Architects.