Every year, families come to downtown Vancouver from across the Lower Mainland for the annual Rogers Santa Claus Parade.
Today, the fun begins at 10:30 a.m. in front of the Vancouver Art Gallery, where there will be face painting, a gingerbread decorating station, balloon twisting, an area for writing letters to Santa, and an entertainment stage.
There will also be an area to drop off donations to the Vancouver Food Bank.
The parade begins at West Georgia and Broughton streets and moves east past the Vancouver Art Gallery before turning south on Howe Street.
Normally, about 300,000 people turn out for the event, which also includes 400 volunteers.
The parade goes along West Georgia and turns up Howe.
There will be parking restrictions from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. and road closures from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the following areas:
* South side of West Georgia between Cardero and Broughton streets.
* Both sides of Alberni between Cardero and Jervis streets.
* Both sides of Nicola between West Georgia and Robson streets.
* Both sides of Broughton between West Georgia and Robson streets.
West Georgia Street will remain open as long as possible prior to the start of the parade.
The following areas will have parking restrictions from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and road closures will be in effect 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
* West Georgia from Cardero to Seymour streets.
* Howe from Dunsmuir to Davie streets.
Parking restrictions will be in effect from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and road closures will be in effect from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in these areas:
* Both sides of Hornby between Davie and Pacific streets.
* Both sides of Drake between Howe and Burrard streets.
* East side of Burrard from Pacific to Davie streets.
* The above sections of Hornby, Drake, and Burrard streets.